Site Logo

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fishing Seminar at the Library - Farrrr Inshore - Chaffee Rd
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:37 pm 
menehune

:shock: Yes it's true - Captain Vic Tison of the 'just fishing show' will be presenting a seminar at the West Regional Branch bright and early on Sat 1/24 at 11am. He's going to talk about tying knots, securing bait, landing fish and answer questions about fishing the local spots. He's also got a couple videos on catching Reds and Sheepshead. He'll also answer questions from the crowd. Of course it's free - it's at the library on Chaffee Rd. - I'm the coordinator out there so we'd appreciate the local support and I'm always open to ideas for other events/activities anyone would be interested in producing. Thanks for reading this far - Christian - cmartin@coj.net

Post subject: Re: Fishing Seminar at the Library - Farrrr Inshore - Chaffee Rd
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:07 pm 
pro

Libraries rule!

I hope you have a good turn out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:41 pm 
menehune

Thanks for your vote -- Libraries do Rule -- and this one on Chaffee Rd really is a beautiful building - t's only 3 years old and was modeled on Railroad Tycoons' Lodges ... It has a train station feel to it and a Fireplace. We're trying to get away from the idea that libraries are stuffy silent sombre places ! We do Rock Band on the Playstation with the teens and have an entire series of gardening, composting, bee-keeping programs going on over the summer. AND ... I think we're doing a skate event sometime this year too - AND if some one wanted to come ot and just show surfing videos for a couple of hours that'd be cool too!

Mahalo
Christian aka libraryguy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:42 pm 
fluidmaster

You would probably get more response from this if it were at the Neptune Beach branch. I'm just saying and probably stating the obvious. Good on you for putting on these types of events though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:08 am 
fluidmaster

Junkie is right but the Chaffee Rd one does sound beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:07 pm 
fluidmaster

I wish like hell you'd offered your knot tying seminar before I came out of a 20-year fishing retirement in 2005 then proceeded to heave a large head-on shrimp and Carolina rig (about $3 in retail value and about a million dollars worth of self-esteem) into earth's orbit above the cruel, taunting waters of Oak Harbor.

Post subject: The Day Hast Arrived
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:48 am 
menehune

Thanks for all the replies - I agree that this sort of program would go over better at the Beach Branch or Pablo Creek - Anything closer to the ICW or the Beach which is why I'm looking for a good turn out today so that these guys will want to do another seminar at a different branch. Chaffee Rd is only 4 miles outside of 295 and you can check out the Ramona Park Flea Market on your way back east - It's gotta be too cold for surfing today and the fish are all hunkered down in the mud these days anyway ! Hope to see y'all there!